COMMUNITY GROUPS DISCUSSION GUIDE
IBQ: Have you ever been the misfit or outcast in life or in a specific situation? Describe the experience.
1. Who is being referred to in regard to “circumcised” and “uncircumcised” in the text?
Which people are which?
2. What was the purpose of circumcision in the OT?
3. Was circumcision salvific for the Jews?
4. What is Paul meaning when he tells the Gentiles that they were previously separated from Christ?
5. What were the 5 things that the Gentiles were without in verse 12?
6. Does this mean that there were no Gentiles in the OT that were saved?
7. There is a change in tone starting with verse 13 which depicts “oneness”. Who brings about this union?
8. At the end of verse 13 Paul states that the union is brought about “by the blood of Christ”. Read Hebrews 9:22, 10:3-4, and 10:10. Why is Christ’s blood significant?
9. Read the remainder of the passage: 14-16. Based on these passages, describe 3 things that Christ’s blood does for believers.
10. Based on what was just studied, do you think there is unity at HEC (or within your church)? What about the universal church? What can we do to grow in this area?