NEW UPDATE: Reopening Update May 3, 2020
As many of you know, the State of Texas has moved to reopen the economy, businesses, and gatherings. They’ve given local churches the green light to gather, while recommending they adhere to certain guidelines to ensure the safety of those who worship.
As we continue to move forward, we are still seeking to do these three things well:
1) Our desire is to not forsake gathering together as followers of Jesus
2) Our desire is to honor our government and the authority over us
3) Our desire is to love people well by not contributing to spreading the virus further
We are prayerfully moving forward with public worship services beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020 (Possibly with Two Service 9:00am and 10:30am). We will continue to adhere to the guidelines of the state of Texas and CDC, please read below our intentions moving forward.
1. It is ALL grace. If you feel led to stay home, please do! We will continue to offer the online worship experience through the remainder of the summer; and moving forward, a video of the service will more than likely become a regular part of our weekly rhythms.
2. We are encouraging anyone who is immune-compromised to stay home and take advantage of the online experience.
3. For those 65 and older who feel comfortable attending a public worship service, they are more than welcome to come! If you feel uncomfortable check out the services online.
4. We will NOT be offering HEC kids ministry on Sunday mornings for children until the start of the school year. Children will attend service and sit with parents. Sandy Yanes, our HEC Kids Ministry Director, will provide families with resources for kiddos for the service.
5. We will NOT be serving food or drink during worship services. We encourage you to grab your morning coffee and eat before you come!
6. We will set up the service with clusters for family units with three (3) seats between families and individuals. The practice of safe social distancing with the number of people present we will more than likely facilitate the need for two services.
7. Services will be approximately 60-65 minutes in length.
8. Staff and volunteers will have their temperature checked before entering the building. Greeters will be stationed at the front doors and will be armed with sanitizer, gloves and masks for those who want them. We will also have volunteers stationed by bathrooms to minimize opening/ touching doors.
9. The worship service area (including floors, seats, tables, doors, etc.) will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
10. Worshipers will have access to hand sanitizer.
11. Worshipers will not be required to wear masks; however, if they feel safer wearing a mask, we encourage them to do so!
12. Worshipers will be dismissed row by row from left to right. We want to minimize mingling IN the building. We understand that mingling may occur outside and in the parking lot. We would just ask that folks continue to practice proper social distancing as they catch up and fellowship.
13. Offering buckets will not be passed Sunday mornings. Instead, we will provide an offering box at the back of the worship center for those seeking to give cash or check tithes / offerings.
14. We want to encourage for virus prevention, all attendees refrain from handshakes and hugs until the threat of community spread has been mitigated.
15. We ask that anyone who has recently run a fever, been ill, or spent time around someone ill, please refrain from attending public worship.
16. We will provide another church-wide update before moving into June.
Grace and Peace,
The Elders of HECMarch 13, 2020
Dear Higher Expectations Church,
The coronavirus pandemic has had profound global effects. This week, we have watched the news unfold regarding the precautionary measures that are being taken to reduce the spread of the virus throughout our country and in our city.
Exercising Godly Wisdom
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above - James 1:17
We are thankful for the God-given knowledge of our medical professionals and find it wise to heed their medical advice. Medical leaders are saying that social distancing is helpful in reducing the spread of COVID19. We plan to do our part by proactively protecting our most vulnerable and susceptible community members.
Caring for God’s People
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God - Acts 20:28
As we took stock of the diversity of our congregation regarding age and health, we know and understand that we have a responsibility to provide everyone with a safe worship environment.
Gathering of the Saints
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, encouraging one another - Hebrews 10:24-25
Corporate Worship: Technology has also proven to be a good gift that God has given us. Therefore, through the use of technology, we will still meet together online for Sunday service.
Join us every Sunday morning online at 10:30 AM.
Agenda for Sunday Mornings
Worship in song
Worship in God’s Word
Worship in prayer
Worship in giving
Community Groups: Mid-week community group will be hosted via online meetings. Expect to hear from your community group leader on how to connect for Bible study.
Finally, take courage and do not lose heart. We serve a mighty God who is our keeper and protector. During our most desolate times, be reminded that God is faithful to his children and that He is our keeper. We love all of our church family. We are praying for peace of mind, physical provision, and that you will count it all joy, knowing that your faith is being strengthened.
Grace and Peace,
Higher Expectations Community Church